I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last…” —Revelation 22:13
Have you ever thought about how many things about us are constantly ending and beginning? 2016 has ended and 2017 has begun. Today will end with the beginning of night and night will end with the beginning of tomorrow. Brian Wilson wrote and sings a song about it titled, “Midnight’s Another Day.” Amen, that’s right.
Our Lord is both the beginning and ending of everything! 2 Corinthians 5:17 speaks to us about some endings and beginnings within our own lives: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passing away, and all things are becoming new.”
For the believer, there is a constant change going on. Life is being re-shaped. It begins in a new-birth experience and as we grow in the Lord we are reshaped into the image of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit dwelling within us.
Please post your comments at this LINK:
Tips for the New Year
“…reaching forth unto those things which are before.”—Philippians 3:13
As we enter the New Year, here are twelve practical tips that will help make 2013 a year of victory in your life:
- Travel light (Phil. 3:13). Shed the excess baggage of past defeats, failures, and disappointments. Determine to live each day for the Lord.
- Forgive and love your enemies (Mk. 11:25; Luke 6:47). Carrying a grudge only gets heavier the longer you carry it.
- Read your Bible everyday (Acts 17:11).
- Don’t worry (Phil. 4:6). Face your challenges with prayer and faith in God.
- Be liberal in your giving (Prov. 11:25).
- Rejoice evermore (1 Thess. 5:16)
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thess. 5:17)
- Give thanks in all things (1 Thess. 5:18).
- Get as much preaching as you can (1 Thess. 5:20; Heb. 10:25).
- Take some time to relax (Mk. 6:31).
- Take care of your body (1 Cor 6:19-20). Live a healthy lifestyle. Watch your diet.
- Live each day anticipating Christ’s coming (Titus 2:13).
May 2013 will be your greatest year for the Lord so far.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
“In the beginning God…” —Genesis 1:1
As we enter a new year, it is important we start with God. It is fitting that 2012 starts on “the Lord’s Day.”
If I would make a wise start, it must begin with God—“The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom” (Ps. 111:10). Jesus said, “I am Alpha.” All must start with Him or end in disappointment. The very beginnings of my thinking must be of Him.
“They who seek me EARLY shall find me.” If I would be wise in my daily activities, I must start my day with the Lord. As Jesus said, “Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and his righteousness.” My daily agenda must be determined by giving Him preeminence.
How will you start 2012? How will you start each new day? What will initiate your thoughts and dreams for the months ahead? May each new beginning start with God (Gen. 1:1) and end with “Amen” (Rev. 22:21).