“Ye shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall make you FREE” —John 8:32
What did Jesus mean? Notice preceding statement of Jesus in verse 31—“If ye CONTINUE in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.” Jesus was not talking about a casual acquaintance with truth or a mental assent to what is true. It is to “know” truth experientially— Living the truth. It is the practice truth that makes you free.
To be free from the bondages of fear… anger… depression… bitterness… etc. we must live out the truth about these things.
Here are a few examples of LIBERATING TRUTHS.
1. The King James Bible is God’s Word (Ps. 12:6-7). Since truth make us free, where do you find it? You find it in God’s Word (John 17:17). Knowing the KJV is God’s Word will free you from…
- …Greek scholars, teachers, and preachers who question God’s Word by saying, “A better translation should be…” “This verse was not in the best manuscripts.”
- …Bible marketing. Once you believe the KJV is God’s Word in English you won’t fall prey to the various marketing schemes of newer translations.
- …Confusion. Confusion is the result of having conflicting authorities. When the KJV is your final authority, confusion will end.
- …Worldly psychology. The KJV has everything you need to know pertaining to life and godliness (2 Pet. 1:3).
2. Jesus Christ is ALL sufficient. Jesus is everything I need (2 Cor. 9:8; 12:9). “Ye are COMPLETE in him” (Col. 2:10). This truth will free you from…
- …“My problems are beyond hope.”
- …Discontentment and worry.
3. When Jesus saved me, He forgave ALL my sins (1 John 1:7). This truth will free you from…
- …the guilt of the past.
- …insecurity. I am eternal secure!
4. Any treatment I encounter on earth is better than I deserve (Ezra 9:13). This truth will free you from…
- …Free from bitterness; depression; being offended.
5. I exist to please God (Rev. 4:11). This truth will free you from…
- …a life without purpose.
- …the fear of man.
6. God owns everything and I am His steward (1 Chron. 29:11-14). This truth will free you from…
- …materialism and financial bondage.
7. I am accepted in the beloved (Eph. 1:6). This truth will free you from fears of rejection. Feelings of rejection come from the devil. It is one of his lies to prevent you from being happy. My happiness is not determined on your acceptance of me. Neither is it determined upon my own self-acceptance.
- If I am accepted in the beloved, where else do I need acceptance?
- If I am accepted in the heaven, where else do I need acceptance?
- If Jesus loves me, it doesn’t matter if anyone else loves me or not!
- Then basis of our acceptance is not our clothes; our money; our personality; or our color. These things don’t matter if we are accepted by Jesus!