A Pastor’s Confession
Confess your faults one to another… —James 5:16
I have a confession to make.
I confess, last Sunday morning I didn’t feel like going to church! That may be an eye-opener to some who know I am a pastor. But, unfortunately, it is true. You ask, “Preacher, why didn’t you feel like going to church?”
- Because I woke up with a bad head ache that wouldn’t go away.
- Because I was very tired from not getting much sleep Saturday night. (I stayed up too late working on a sermon).
- Because there was a game on TV Sunday I wanted to see.
- Because I knew there would be people at church who don’t like me and gossip about me.
- Because I knew some people couldn’t care less about what I have to say.
But, in spite of all these reasons, I went to church anyway! Do you know, why? Because it was the right thing to do (Heb. 10:24-25)!